- That the entire Bible, both the old and the new testaments, is verbally inspired by God as set down in the original languages.
- In one God, eternal, existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, was born of the Virgin Mary, and is truly God and truly man.
- That the blood of Jesus Christ alone can cleanse from sin, according to the Scriptures.
- In the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and His present intercessory life for us.
- In the bodily resurrection of the dead; the just, to life eternal with God and the unjust, to eternal punishment.
- That all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior by faith in His atoning work on Calvary, are immediately born again and are baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ, and are sealed unto the day of redemption.
- In the personal, pre-millennial, imminent return of the Lord Jesus Christ for the redeemed.
- That God created man in His own image, with distinct male and female identity from conception. The term marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18–25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1Corinthians 6:18, 7:2–5; Hebrews 13:4). We believe that God’s command is that there be no sexual intimacy between a man and a woman outside of or apart from marriage.
We believe that God wonderfully foreordained and immutably created each person as either male or female in conformity with their biological sex. These two distinct yet complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26–27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
We believe that any form of impurity, lust, evil desires, and sexual immorality (including but not limited to, adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God (Colossians 3:5; Matthew 15:18–20; 1 Corinthians 6:9–10).
Our Statement of Faith is not exhaustive of all of our beliefs. The Bible, as the inspired and Infallible Word of God, speaks with absolute authority regarding the proper conduct of mankind and is the unchanging foundation for all belief and behavior.
The Flying H Youth Ranch exists to teach struggling boys and their families a Biblical understanding of life, including every persons need for salvation which comes through Jesus Christ.
For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 5:9
We teach our residents and their parent(s):
To honor authorities.
Let every person be in subjection to the governing authorities. Forthere is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore he who resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. Romans 13:1-2
To treat everyone with respect.
Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all men. Romans 12:17
How to identify and control destructive behaviors and beliefs..
But do not let immorality or any impurity or greed even be named among you, as is proper among saints; and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. For you know with certainty, that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. Ephesians 5:3-6
For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each of you know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, not in lustful passion, like the Gentiles who do not know God; 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5
How to build healthy relationships.
You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of =your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:18
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. John 13:34
Nevertheless let each individual among you also love his own wife even as himself; and let the wife see to it that she respect her husband. Ephesians 5:33
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor your father and mother which is the first commandment with a promise. Ephesians 6:1-2
For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:4,5
We teach our residents:
To excel academically and vocationally..
And I saw that wisdom excels folly as light excels darkness. Ecclesiastes 2:13
Finally then, brethren, we request and exhort you in the Lord Jesus, that, as you received from us instruction as to how you ought to walk and please God (just as you actually do walk), that you may excel still more. 1 Thessalonians 4:1
For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example, because we did not act in an undisciplined manner among you, nor did we eat anyone’s bread without paying for it, but with labor and hardship we kept working night and day so that we might not be a burden to any of you; not because we do not have the right to this, but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you, that you might follow our example. For even when we were with you, we used to give you this order: if anyone will not work, neither let him eat. 2 Thessalonians 3:7-10
The value of a good work ethic.
Do not love sleep, lest you become poor; open your eyes, and you will be satisfied with food. Proverbs 20:13
For even when we were with you, we used to give you this order: if anyone will not work, neither let him eat. 2 Thessalonians 3:10
Physical conditioning through proper nutrition, sports, and outdoor activities..
And everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we are imperishable. Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; but I buffet my body and make it my slave, lest possible, after I have preached to others, I myself should be disqualified. 1 Corinthians 9:25-27