OUR DOCTRINAL STATEMENT
We believe the entire Bible, including all words in the original text of its 66 books, to be inspired by God. Therefore the Bible is the only infallible, inerrant and authoritative Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16, I Peter 1:21, I Thessalonians 2:13).
- We believe there is one God, infinite and eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4: 15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9,14,15), His resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of God (Mark 16:19), and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11-16).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone are we saved (John 3:16–19, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8–9; Ephesians 2:8–10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; that they are saved unto the resurrection of life, and that they are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28–29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 2:12–13, Galatians 3:26–28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling every Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13–14; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19–20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
- We believe God created man in His own Image, with distinct male and female gender identity from conception, in conformity with their biological sex, as a reflection of the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26-27). The term marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18-25). We believe that God requires sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1Corinthians 6:18, 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4). God forbids any form of impurity, lust, evil desires and sexual immorality (including but not limited to, adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) (Colossians 3:5; Matthew 15:18-20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10). God’s family order is that a married man and woman would function as father and mother to either their natural born or adopted children, bringing to them godly parenting by example and instruction from Scripture (Deuteronomy 6:4-7, Ephesians 6:4, 2 Timothy 3:14-17}.
This Doctrinal Statement is not exhaustive of all of our beliefs. The Bible, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, speaks with absolute authority regarding the proper conduct of mankind and is the unchanging foundation for all our belief and behavior.
To download a copy, click here.
The Flying H Youth Ranch exists to teach struggling young men and their families a Biblical understanding of life, including every person’s need for salvation through Jesus Christ and the development of godly character by becoming more like Him.
For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. – 1 Thess. 5:9
To honor authorities.
Let every person be in subjection to the governing authorities. Forthere is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore he who resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. Romans 13:1-2
To treat everyone with respect.
Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all men. Romans 12:17
How to identify and control destructive behaviors and beliefs..
But do not let immorality or any impurity or greed even be named among you, as is proper among saints; and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. For you know with certainty, that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. Ephesians 5:3-6
For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each of you know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, not in lustful passion, like the Gentiles who do not know God; 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5
How to build healthy relationships.
You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of =your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:18
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. John 13:34
Nevertheless let each individual among you also love his own wife even as himself; and let the wife see to it that she respect her husband. Ephesians 5:33
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor your father and mother which is the first commandment with a promise. Ephesians 6:1-2
For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:4,5
To excel academically and vocationally..
And I saw that wisdom excels folly as light excels darkness. Ecclesiastes 2:13
Finally then, brethren, we request and exhort you in the Lord Jesus, that, as you received from us instruction as to how you ought to walk and please God (just as you actually do walk), that you may excel still more. 1 Thessalonians 4:1
For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example, because we did not act in an undisciplined manner among you, nor did we eat anyone’s bread without paying for it, but with labor and hardship we kept working night and day so that we might not be a burden to any of you; not because we do not have the right to this, but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you, that you might follow our example. For even when we were with you, we used to give you this order: if anyone will not work, neither let him eat. 2 Thessalonians 3:7-10
The value of a good work ethic.
Do not love sleep, lest you become poor; open your eyes, and you will be satisfied with food. Proverbs 20:13
For even when we were with you, we used to give you this order: if anyone will not work, neither let him eat. 2 Thessalonians 3:10
Physical conditioning through proper nutrition, sports, and outdoor activities..
And everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we are imperishable. Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; but I buffet my body and make it my slave, lest possible, after I have preached to others, I myself should be disqualified. 1 Corinthians 9:25-27